Monday, March 14, 2005

In My Dust!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, I decided to go through my walk packet today. There are some really good coupons in there. the t-shirt is very nice. The colors are vibrant. I would be walking it alone so I asked my mother to go with me on a whim. It may be a bad idea as she may not be able to make it and if so, then we will be absolutely last. Back in 1994, she and I did the James Island connector walk and I ended up leaving her in my dust. She was the absolutely last walker to cross the finish line. I did not want to be last so I walked at my pace. She got slighly miffed because I left her. I might have to leave her again. I do not want to be last. Is that bad. To leave your 64 yeard old mother in the dust? She cannot keep up. It is a fact but I do not think I should walk her pace just to stay with her. The dilema. I am making her practice walking so that she can build up some stamina over the next few weeks. It is only just a few weeks away.

I really do love the water. When I went to pick up my walk packet and register, the office had moved to the 2nd floor of Fountain Walker Center. It was a brisk wind up there but it felt good. Right off the ocean and next to the water. I could work in that environment next to the water. That woudl be a dream!

No comments: